“Just tell me already!”
This was the frustrated cry of students when I was a math teacher. They wanted the answer. But the reason they were in my class (like it or not) was not to collect answers but to learn. And while telling is one way to learn, it’s not the only way.
Lately, Life Bringers have been discovering (or rediscovering) lots of ways to learn and grow.
Discovery. Experience. Reflecting with great questions. These and more are powerful ways to learn.
In this week’s video, we highlight a few. But what are you finding? Invite us into the new ways you are learning lately.
- Join the Life Bringers at Canyon Ridge Facebook group.
- Tell us all a story of something you learned lately, how you learned it, and the difference it has made in you and people around you.
- If Jesus were summarizing what he’s been showing you lately, how would he finish this sentence: “You have heard it said, ‘you learn from teaching,’ but I tell you, ‘__________________.’”
- ReDISCOVER your favorite story of Jesus with the simple, powerful questions used in Discovery Bible Study. What does this say about God? What does this say about people? What will you DO in response? And who will you commit to sharing this story with?
- EXPERIENCE something new. Grab a friend, family, or life-group member, or a neighbor and do something costly to obey something you have learned about Jesus lately. Then grab coffee or food after and talk about what the experience taught you.
- REFLECT on things you have recently learned in your faith. What have you learned that have made a tangible difference in your daily life? What was interesting at the time but didn’t really make a difference? How can you move into more and more learning that stays with you?