Discovery Bible Study
A simple way to discover, do, and share what God is saying
Here's This Week's Scripture Passage(s)
Hearing What God Is Saying: Wherever You Are.
One of the best ways to hear what God is saying right now is to look at what he has said in the Bible with a few friends. Discovery Bible Study is an easy-to-use way to hear from God, make good changes in our lives, and share with others what God is up to.
Start Your Own Discovery Bible Study
Follow the simple interactive guide below or download the PDF version to get started!
Download DBS Host Guide
DBS Family Guide
Discovery Bible Study Starter Kit
Here’s some helpful structure on Discovery Bible Study
To begin the study, each person answers these questions:
- What are you thankful for?
- What is causing stress for our neighbors and people around us?
- What can we as individuals or as a group do to help?
- Have someone retell the story from your previous meeting.
- Did you live out your response from last week?
- Did you tell anyone else about the story from last week?
DISCOVER What God Is Saying:
- One person reads the story out loud to the group.
- Someone else in the group retells the story in their own words as they remember it, and others fill in what’s missing.
- Read the passage again (different version if possible)
- What does this passage say about God, Jesus, or His plan?
- Have 1-2 more people retell the story as if they were telling a neighbor outside their home.
- What does this passage say about people in general?
DOING What God Is Saying:
- What in me needs to change to better DO what God is showing me today?
- How will you respond to/obey this passage in a tangible, perhaps even costly ways in the next 48-72 hours?
- Have someone record these for prayer time, and for the beginning of the next meeting.
SHARING What God Is Saying:
- Take prayer requests
- Pray together
- Who in your life needs to hear this story?
- Who could you invite to study the Bible like this?
- Matthew 8:23-27
- Matthew 14:22-33 – Walking on Water
- Matthew 14:13-21 – Feeding 5000 People