There are resources available for anyone struggling financially, emotionally, or spiritually during this time. Here you’ll find links and directions to organizations where you can find help in Las Vegas.
FINDING HELP DURING THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC
- Three Square Food Bank – Here you will find a map of where emergency food assistance and the list.
Please call the Three Square Center at 702-765-4030 if you need assistance finding food or are a senior (60+) in need of home-delivered groceries
- Locations for CCSD distribution sites can be found at this link.
FINANCIAL AND OTHER RESOURCES
- For those whose employment has been impacted by the repercussions of COVID-19 we encourage you to go online to apply for Supplemental Nutrition Assistance (SNAP), SNAP click this link.
- Medicaid or Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) TANF click this link.
- The United Way has further information about Emergency Assistance, unemployment resources, and filing for unemployment at this link.
- You can call 211 – local source for assistance or directions to assistance. You can also go online at this link.
- Clark County has ceased evictions: Chief judges in the Las Vegas, North Las Vegas, and Henderson justice courts issued administrative orders on Tuesday and Wednesday, suspending proceedings for at least 30 days. LVRJ 3/17/2020
- NV Energy has ceased power shut-offs: The utility company announced last week it would suspend disconnects for any non-paying customers affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. LVRJ 3/18/2020
- Las Vegas Valley Water District has ceased shut-offs: In light of the emerging Coronavirus issue, the LVVWD announced that it has temporarily suspended customer shut-offs for delinquent and/or nonpayment. Las Vegas FOX 5. 3/14/2020
EMERGENCY PASTORAL CARE
- If you are in need of emergency Pastoral care please call Canyon Ridge Christian Church at 702-658-2722 and press 2. We can talk with you and pray with you. We are here to help you navigate this trying time!
- United Citizens Foundation (UCF), is offering therapy sessions at no out-of-pocket cost to Nevadans during this global COVID-19 pandemic.
- The non-profit specializes in healthy emotional and behavioral skills for children and their families with onsite mental and behavioral wellness centers in the community.
- The services are available through Telehealth
- Please call the hotline at (702) 888-6300 for scheduling.
HEALTH INSURANCE COVERAGE
- SILVER STATE HEALTH EXCHANGE Silver State Health Exchange is holding a special period of open enrollment for Nevadans who have yet to sign up for health insurance. You can sign up from March 17 – April 15. Individuals seeking a special enrollment are encouraged to contact the Customer Assistance Call Center between 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday-Friday at 1-800-547-2927; TTY: 711. The Call Center will extend its hours on Saturdays and Sundays from March 21 through April 15 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. PST.