High School Pastor - Lone Mountain
Title: LM High School Pastor
Position Specs: Status: Full Time
Direct Supervisor: Family Pastor
Area: Student Ministries
To join Jesus in bringing life to everyone, everywhere, everyday
To make Canyon Ridge a place where families go to get better by developing a thriving High School ministry that partners with parents in discipling their students, points the way for students to follow Jesus to more life than ever before, and produces the next generation of church leaders
1. (6 mo) Lead the development and execution of strategies that recruit, support, develop and retain disciple-making volunteers at a ratio on 1 adult volunteer for every 6 students.
2. (6 mo) Create systems and environments that ensure every student is connected in a small group that maintains optimum student:leader ratios and encourages them to follow Jesus to more life than ever before.
3. (6 mo) Working in partnership with other ministry leaders, develop systems, teams, and opportunities for students to use their strengths to serve the church and community in increasingly challenging ways. Show 25% involvement of students who participate in The Rising serving in the church at least 2x/month and in the community at least 1x/quarter.
4. (6 mo) Develop and execute systems that connect new families, streamline check in, facilitate baptisms, and train every new and existing volunteer at 100% functionality. (A ‘connected family’ is one that is following Jesus to more life than ever before by serving, giving, participating in Life Groups, and inviting others consistently.)
5. (3 mo) Lead the process of accumulating, refining, and (if necessary) adding to CRCC’s Student Ministry Policy and Procedures Manual.
6. (3 mo) Lead the process to capture and analyze stats and data and use that data to implement change, enhance programs, increase attendance, and assist parents in disciple-making with their students.
7. (6 mo) Develop and execute strategies that “go home” with students, for the purpose of helping parents disciple their students. Show 50% involvement of parents with a disciple-making step for their students/family.
8. (3 mo) Lead the process to create the 2018-2019 High School Ministry calendar with clear rationale for each program and event and an explanation of how each will help students take the next step in their development and how this will make CRCC a place where families go to get better.
9. (Immediate/Ongoing) Ensure 100% compliance to safety procedures and training, and 100% compliance to background checks for volunteers and staff members working in High School Ministry.
10. (6 mo) Develop and execute strategies that will grow the High School ministry by 25% in the 2018-2019 ministry year. These strategies must include opportunities and training that will inspire students to invite friends and have spiritual conversations with their friends.
11. (12 mo) Create engaging weekly environments that gather high school students totaling 5+% of CRCC:LM’s average weekly attendance for worship, teaching, connection, and service by Fall 2019.
“Must Have” skills, experience, leadership capacity
- Innovation, creativity, and imagination
- History of building, organizing, empowering, and releasing teams
- History of vision casting and inspiring others.
- Ability to paint the picture of what can be and the ability to layout a path for getting there
- People skills. People skills. People skills.
- Proactive. Sees what needs to be done and takes initiative.
- Global Perspective. Sees and contributes to the needs of the whole church, not just their area.
- Understanding of current trends in student culture and how to utilize them to enable students to join Jesus and bring life
- Understanding of social media and technology students are using and how to utilize those things to help students join Jesus and bring life
“Must Have” character traits, relational skills, spiritual leadership
- Coachable and approachable.
- Loves people and invests in their spiritual development
- History of making disciples (not just team members)
- Can immediately champion the CRCC culture and values.
- History of Servant Leader Model of leadership
- Collaborative leadership. Works with leaders and teams in other areas.
- Clear and specific calling to Canyon Ridge and Las Vegas.
- Agreement with CRCC Doctrinal Statement
- Loves working with and spending time with high school students, but more importantly loves working with and developing volunteers who love working with and spending time with high school students
Must have directly related experience and a passion for leading our Students.
Contact us about this position